Friday, January 17, 2014

It Makes Me Happy.

Came across this on Pinterest the other day, and it just fits.
I find this to be true. 

Photography is my thing.  There are ebbs and flows as with anything creative.  But I am always interested in it beyond belief.  Sometimes so much so, I get something about it in my head and can't stop thinking about it until I get the idea out.  

I truly believe that it's the thing I will always be learning about.  There is so much to learn, and so 
much to explore with it!  (And again, my word of the year, explore, comes into it)

The other day I learned a trick about taking photos in front of a window in your house by using a simple reflector.  This way the subject's face won't be too dark.  I don't know why I hadn't already learned this, but let's admit it...over the past year I've been kind of busy with kids and having a baby and things of that nature.  

So, I took this.
I took one without the reflector and you could tell a difference.  I think I erased that one though, or I would show you.

But after I played around a little, I knew I wanted to learn more about using the reflectors.  In fact, that will probably be my next purchase.  You can get some that are relatively inexpensive.  

It hit me when I started playing around with it (my reflector this time was white foam board from the craft store) that I never tire of learning new things and experimenting with my photography.  There is a passion rooted deep within me for it. It makes my heart jump.  It may never take me to places where I make money at it, but I have to believe it's worth trying for.  Because if I'm that passionate about it, how could I not?

The worst thing that could happen is that nobody else loves my photography as much as I do.  And the best thing...that other people find that connection with me, as I do with them when I'm photographing them and we make magic.  We capture their lives in a way that they will always cherish.  Now, tell me that isn't something worth trying for.  

I'm so interested to see what the rest of this year has in store for me.  I know the exploration through the year is going to be good for me.

If you could do one thing for the rest of your life, something that you are beyond passionate about...
what would it be?

Love, Jess

2 comments:

  1. I think you are an amazing photographer ... I wish I lived close to you so I could learn how to shoot right :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that would be fun....we could take photo outing trips!

      Delete